Silicon photonics is a revolutionary technology which is enabling the rapid scaling of complexity in the optical domain, in much the same way that electronic ASIC complexity has increased exponentially over the past 40 years. By leveraging the very advanced technical capabilities of electronic ASIC fabrication facilities, Elenion is developing photonic devices with world-leading performance and cost, and is achieving development timelines that were previously not possible for optical devices.
- Internally-developed photonics design environment and a deep library of silicon-proven devices
- Proprietary silicon photonics manufacturing process, on a production CMOS foundry
- Wafer-scale automated electro-optic testing
- Light sources integrated onto the silicon platform with proprietary bonding technology
- Co-designed RFIC’s
- Unique low-loss fiber-coupling and proprietary low-cost packaging technology
Elenion has assembled a multidisciplinary team of world experts, taking full advantage of the revolutionary capabilities offered by silicon photonics. By bringing all of these capabilities together, Elenion co-designs systems across the boundaries between material systems, creating unique, differentiated, highly integrated systems-on-chip and systems-in-package.